Structura worked with KANN Partners on the latest round of renovations to transform a historic building in downtown Baltimore into a 101-room Staybridge Suites hotel. The building is a five-story, 80,000 SF structure with one below grade level. This National Register of Historic Places building was originally built in 1880 for the Corn and Flour Exchange and designed by John Niernsee. The building was significantly damaged during the Great Baltimore Fire of 1904 and was subsequently rebuilt by Charles E. Cassell in 1905. The last building renovation was in 1985 to provide classroom and office space.
The current renovation project will convert the building for hospitality use. Most rooms are studios, and all rooms will include a full kitchen to target vacationers and hospital visitors looking for an extended stay.